Saturday, September 29, 2018

A movie I watched 30 times and cried 30 times during. [Amma cheppindi appreciation post]

I can't judge "Amma Cheppindi" as a movie, it isn't, it's a rare piece of brilliance in Telugu Cinema world.Amidst flying cars and over-powerful heroes, this movie is a real treat to watch.

 The movie Amma Cheppindi which means : " Mom said.." literally, would take your heart, squeeze it, twist it, breaks it, fixes it and breaks it some more.

I didn't exaggerate when I titled this post, I for real watched it 30+ times, this movie was just perfect for me when I watched it for the first time in 2010 and it still is today. The movie definitely has it's share of flaws and errors but, for me, every time I watch it, it grows a bit more on me and leaves me teary eyed with a warm feeling filled in my heart. I treasure this movie, I absolutely do.

So, what's so special about this movie you ask? I'm glad you did.

 The movie in general revolves around the life of a mentally differently abled person as a lead. The introduction of a sort-of care-free 20 year old Bose who studies in 3rd standard with kids half his size, his daily routines, his relationship with his mother, everything feels believable.

There are moments where it's depicted as the hero's neighbours and other people, including his dad always had some complaints for his behaviour or they're just rude to him. I like to believe that everyone around him thought that it doesn't matter to him or he is used to that rudeness, but we get to know that he feels real bad about those comments and we see him cry once or twice. This feels relatable to me oddly. I also like to believe, anyone who got judged or commented rudely for their innocent mistakes and for which they feel apologetic too, can relate to this movie somehow.

Also, there are forced upon humour in this movie, which, can harmlessly be ignored when looking at the bigger picture of the movie. Now, the story is set in a way that after a point, you feel kind-of sorry for the hero and at the same time be really mad at other characters for treating him that way.

Of course, Pakistanis tries to bomb Bharat Research Centre in this movie and they do it by using the innocent Bose as a tool. Now, I won't comment on the nations named and all but through this too, you can see Bose being misunderstood and being beaten too once or twice. It makes me connect to the emotion of the film even more.

Now, apart from everything wrong people do with him, we can see Bose being forgiving and being happy for the small things happening to him at present and that according to me, makes him so special and a bigger and better person than the other 'intelligent' people around him.

Finally, when it comes to emotions, the movie hits the right points and on money. I never was able to sit through the movie without crying. I just can't help it, I can control during the normal scenes, like, when Bose fails the exam again, when he gets misunderstood and get beaten at the videogame store, but when the movie reaches the climax, I just can't hold my tears anymore. I won't spoil much here, but, when he says "Nuvvu andarikinna manchi amma vi, I love you amma" , cue the tears, this scene is just so good and emotional , if you won't cry here, you're a monster. Also there's a scene which I just remember so clearly and it is just so pure that it breaks my heart. I don't want to spoil it fully, I will just leave a screenshot here.



That note speaks for itself how nice it is.


Conclusion:
                 
Now, if you speak Telugu you should watch this movie. If you don't speak Telugu and can find subtitles for this movie, you should watch this. There is absolutely no reason why anyone shouldn't watch something as brilliant as this. For me, after some stressful weeks on a Saturday afternoon, when I want sit back and chill with a nice movie, I go to this one, or, If I am feeling distant and low and I need to vent out my pent up emotions, I pick this one. Every time I watch this, it grows more perfect for me.

NOTE: If you speak Telugu and still didn't watch this movie, don't talk to me!



So, that was about it. See you in a future post.


SAYONARA!




















No comments:

Post a Comment